Wednesday, August 30, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Textured Tags Using Whimsy Stamps' "You Are" Stamp Set

What a treat it's been to be a Special Guest Designer at Whimsy Stamps this month.  I've got to say that the people I worked with there have been nothing short of A-MA-ZING and the products have been a lot of fun.  Here's a tag duo I made with Whimsy's stamps, dies and some Brushos crystals.



I started by stenciling some splotches onto these fabulous tags I cut with Whimsy Stamps' Stitched Tags die set.  I outlined the splotches with a Sharpie to give them more definition.



Next came some color magic as I added Brushos crystals and sprayed the tags with water. After the tags dried, I stamped them with black stitches from Whimsy's "In Stitches" stamp set.



Next I used Whimsy Stamps' Honeycomb Pattern die to add some texture to my tags.  Then I painted over the honeycomb with acrylic paint.



I wanted more color, so I added acrylic paint in different shades.



I finished off my tags by adding a little more white acrylic paint, letting it dry, then stamping the tags with some great sentiment words from Whimsy Stamps' "You Are" stamp set.  I added a little tag to the top (also from the Stitched Dies set) that I cut out of a Bingo card.  I twisted some wire to make hooks and these tags were done.



Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Whimsy Stamps.
"You Are" stamp set

"In Stitches" stamp set

Stitched Tag dies

Honeycomb Pattern die