Sunday, November 9, 2014

My Other Creations: Paper Ornaments

When I was but a poor 20-something living in Europe (saying "living in Europe" instantly kills the sympathy factor, huh-- it was AWESOME!) I didn't have a ton of extra moo-lah.  One Christmas, we ended up making paper ornaments because we couldn't buy a bunch of fancy ones.  And you know what?  I'd do it again in a heartbeat to be back in London for a day!

I decided to pay homage to those wonderful memories by making a paper ornament for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, which is Ornaments. 


This one was easy to make by using three exclusive Simon Says Stamp dies ("Merry Christmas" frame and two snowflakes).

And what about that fabulous little bird in the tree?  It's cut out of some fabric designed and made for JoAnn's.  I use fabric scraps all the time in my projects because I don't have the brain capacity to actually follow a pattern (it seems too math-related for my non-mathematical brain to comprehend).  But I'll often cut out parts of patterned fabric to use along with paper.  So see?  If I've said it before, I'll say it again: for you other non-sewers out there like me, there are still plenty of reasons to get excited about fabric! 


Here are the items I used on my ornament that you can pick up at Simon Says Stamp:



It is shocking to think that Christmas is next month, but let's hit the ground running with some inspiring ornaments!  I can't see wait to see what you make for this week's challenge.  Upload your little masterpiece to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and you will A) Greatly inspire us and B) Automatically enter yourself into the drawing for a $50 gift voucher to Simon Says Stamp!
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/